Monday, May 9, 2011

Night Life

I completely understand Rat Kiley's viewpoint in this chapter.
Rat Kiley starts to lose his sanity on the troops night missions, insisting that the bugs were genetically fucked-up and that they would call out his name. He constantly scratches at his skin, even ripping apart scabs and scratching at the raw sores underneath. Rat starts to envision everyone dead as well, and starts seeing his own body parts.
Rat ends up shooting himself in the foot after doping himself up to get out of the war, and the guys don't call him a coward about the situation.

If I was Rat, I would've abandoned my pride if it meant saving what was left of my sanity. You can't control the insane things that go on inside your head, and you can't escape them. So it was best for Rat to leave the war.

1 comment:

  1. Good job with these Monique. I'm glad you got this completed.

    ReplyDelete